Rector: Lene Dammand Lund
Prorector: Svend Lawaetz
The School of Architectureis one of the world’s oldest architectural schools. It was founded in 1754 as theRoyal Danish Academy of Fine Arts with the purpose to unite the education of artists and craftsmen in the three disciplines painting, sculpturing and building. Today, the School of Architectureis an educational and research institution under the Danish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education. In 2011, the School of Architecture was merged with both theSchool of Design and the School of Conservation, forming together The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation.
The School of Architecture educates architects within building and restoration, urban and landscape planning as well as architectural design. There are nine study departments teaching at all levels, while research is organised at four institutes and six affiliated research centres.
In the 1970s, the School of Architecture became an independent unit with its own management and was recognized as a university-level educational institution. This meant that from then on, graduates could be awarded the degree of cand.arch equivalent to the Danish universities’ cand. degrees, while the school retained both the close artistic and professional relations to and its status within the Royal Academy of Fine Arts.
The Library is the schools’ central portal to knowledge. The Library manages and continually develops the dissemination of the schools’ research in READ.
Read more about the school’s study programmes and research at www.karch.dk/uk.
Publication: Communication › Journal article
Publication: Research - peer-review › Paper
Publication: Research › Literature review
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book chapter
Publication: Research › Book chapter