8000, Aarhus C
Phone: 89360294, 89 36 02 94
Mobile phone: 22687241, +4522687241
1993 - 1998 Industrial designer at Pelikan Design, Copenhagen and Raunkjær Kjærgaard Aarhus.
1998 – 2000 Research assistant Aarhus School of Architecture
2001 – 2003 Assistant Professor Aarhus School of Architecture
2004 – 2008 Associate Professor Aarhus School of Architecture
2008 – 2009 Head of Innovation Interaction design, Alexandra Institute A/S
2009 – 2010 Associate Professor Aarhus School of Architecture
2010 - Professor Aarhus School of Architecture
Research interests include:
Design and use of physical artefacts and spaces for interaction with computers in augmented reality settings. Pervasive Computing; Tools and techniques for user involvement (Participatory Design).
I take departure in the exploitation of bodily experiences and sensations for interacting with computers encompassed by the concept of Aesthetic Interaction.
Projects and management:
- Co-manager together with Professor Uffe Lentz of the educational program: Interactive Spaces, sponsered by the Ministry of Culture in Denmark. (1999- 2000).
- Site-manager of the EU-funded Culture2000 educational program SPARK! (2002 – 2004).
- Projectmanager of AAA’s share of the EU-funded WorkSPACE project under 5th Framework Program. (2001 – 2003). Other participants: Computer Science Aarhus University, Sociology Lancaster University
Centre for Interactive Spaces. Co-manager of Centre for Interactive Spaces (2004 – current), responsible for the AAA activities across the centre.
- Project Manager of “Fremtidens Hybride Bibliotek” (#112) and “Children’s Interactive Library” (#124). Supported by ISIS Katrinebjerg
- Project manager of “[IXP] Interactive Experience Spaces” Supported by the Danish “IT-Korridor”.
- Project participant in: the I-Home project, the I-School project and the Normadic Learning project.
- Project participant in the iSport research project supported by ISIS Katrinebjerg (2007 – 2009). Participants: Virklund Sports, Zentropa, MerCon, Active Institute, Computer Science Aarhus University.
- Design research manager of the Mobile Home Centre project (2007 – 2010) sponsored by the Danish Advanced Technology Foundation. Participants: Computer Science Aarhus University, Alexandra Institute, Bang & Olufsen
In the academic career managing and co-managing research grants for more than Dkr. 30 mil with budget totals of more than Dkr. 70 mil. For further information on the research projects please refer to encl. 3 of this application.
- The Danish Design Award 2004: Visionprize for the interactive floor: iFloor
- Best paper Award OzChi 2004 Gitte Lindgaard award for “Help Me Pull That Cursor”, Co authored with Andreas Lykke-Olesen and Martin Ludvigsen.
- RED DOT award 2006. For the ”Knowledge well”.
- The Nordes best-paper and best presentation award 2007.
BOARDS, COMMITTEES AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- General board of SIGCHI.dk (2001 – 2002)
- Appointed member of the research board at the Aarhus school of Architecture (2001 – 2002)
- Managing board of Master Class for Professional Danish designers (2000 - 2002)
- Member of the organizing committee for the 4th decennial Aarhus Conference: www.aarhus2005.org
- Program co-chair of the 1st Nordic conference on Design Research
- Member of Nordes Board: www.nordes.org
- Conference Program Committee member of: NODEM, Nordes, Tangible and Embodied Interaction
- General Conference co-chair DIS 2010.
- External Examiner of B.Sc. in Digital Media Design at University of Limerick, Ireland.